Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mommy Christine's Birthday

The big excitement this week was I had a birthday so Josh & Cate were all abuzz about that every second it seemed.  Trying to get them to keep any secrets was a challenge.  It is fun to see birthdays through their eyes.  I enjoyed my day and in case you're wondering I am now truly in my mid fifties!








We have finally gotten back up to the lake cottage and did some work there.  We are hoping to get to enjoy it soon.  Our IN weather is not the best this summer and rain seems to be in the forecast for everyday.












 
 
We met our friends, The Phillips, at the movies one day. 
 



 
And we met more friends, The Shoppells, at the Y pool one day.  We are blessed with good friends.
 


 
 
And we finsihed the week with a joint birthday dinner with my brother, Uncle Kirk and his family.  Kirk's birthday is 5 days in front of mine so June was our favorite month when I was a kid!  Kirk's boys and wife Jenni also joined us along with Grandma & Grandpa.
 








 
You can tell by the smile on the faces that family is everything in our family.  As a friend once stated...2 most important things in this world are God & Family. 
 
Choosing joy,
Chris & crew

No comments:

Post a Comment