Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day!

Wow!  As I write this entry we have 11 days of school left.  That seems crazy to think Josh will be heading to middle school and Cate is soon to be a 5th grader.  It will be the end of elementary years...unless we adopt again?  Did I just say that outloud? 

I haven't written for 2 weeks since Jeff and I took a much needed trip without kids to Cancun last week.  Josh & Cate stayed here at home with some wonderful friends and everything was great here and abroad.  We had a much needed rest and the kids enjoyed time with friends. 

We celebrated Mother's Day in the perfect style for me.  The kids always buy me my flowers for around the outside of the house and then they spend the day helping me plant them.  I love it. 







Josh got a lesson in weed eating...and then hedge trimming.  He loves to run motorized tools! 







The work sort of went on and on but Josh & Cate are great at pitching in and helping out.  We decided a cookout/picnic was a good reward.



 
Cate is still playing soccer. 
 



It's always fun to go to DQ after soccer with the Holliday family.  This is the "kid" table supposedly.

 Josh didn't want to sit at the kid table since he said it was really the "girl" table.

We of course wanted to take some DQ to Grandma Joan!  We can always count on her to eat ice cream with us!



Our new rest area while waiting for the bus. 
 

 
Choosing joy!
 
Chris & crew
 

No comments:

Post a Comment